GSAS involves the best minds and institutions from around the world including senior graduate students and postdocs in various science and engineering fields(GSAS Scholars) and leading experts in research, policy, technology transfer and manufacturing (GSAS Fellows).
Our Dual Mission
Address Global Challenges
Build Global Leadership
Global Challenges such as Energy, Environment, Health, and Security are of vital concern to stakeholders worldwide.
Addressing these urgent global challenges will require:
- Creative thinking
- Effective use of global resources
- Increased cooperation across regions, sectors, and academic disciplines
- A cadre of well-trained global leaders
GSAS sparks rapid innovation in these critical areas by assembling interdisciplinary teams of young researchers from around the world and challenging them to develop collaborative projects based on creative approaches.
Project development is guided by leading experts from around the world.
The most promising research plans are implemented via Team Research Fellowships at GSAS host institutions worldwide.
Young scientists and engineers will need global leadership capabilities to solve the world's most pressing problems. For example, they must:
- Collaborate easily across sectors and disciplines
- Build global teams with complementary strengths
- Understand the broader implications of their research
- Communicate their research to diverse stakeholders
They must also develop:
- Advanced science and engineering competency
- Understanding of policy, manufacturing, and technology management
- Strong international working relationships
- Knowledge of international R&D infrastructures
- Interdisciplinary and intercultural communication skills